Krishnagar Cathedral Charitable Social Society (KCCSS) is legally a registered organization which was registered under the Societies Registration Act XXVI, 1961, dated August 16, 1993 holding Registration No: S/74201 having 12A, 80G and FCRA Registration number as 147060053. The nature of the organization is Religious, Social & Educational. KCCSS is an independent organization from the legal perspective; it functions under the Roman Catholic diocese of Krishnagar and takes care of the Social action works of the diocese. KCCSS through charitable activities makes obvious the message of love to the downtrodden through the distribution of food commodities, clothes, medicines etc. from the nineteenth century. The concept of charity, meanwhile gave way to new found ideas of ‘liberation ’in making the marginalized empowered and self-reliant.
KCCSS consist of 11 governing body members. It has got 37 staff members with additional volunteer members around 40.
To transform our society with the values of Love and solidarity; Dignity and respect; Justice and equality.
Restoration of human dignity of the underprivileged and marginalized through a Process of education and empowerment
- To reduce poverty through empowerment of under privileged people.
- To provide sustainable livelihood for all
- To enable healthy and holistic society
- To make people aware of basic health and sanitation practices
- To advocate poor people to get Government Schemes etc. targeted for them.
- To work together to promote Peace, Justice and Equality in society
- To work on Global Warming for a better & healthy environment.
- To eradicate curse of illiteracy in people, especially women and child labor.
- To impart a quality education and value based principals.
- To equip communities prepared with information & skills to tackle disasters
- To equip youth with knowledge and skills to address HIV / AIDS menace
- To aid physically vulnerable like aged, children, handicapped and orphans.
- Empowerment and Animation
- Capacity building & Building a human communities
- Anti-Human Trafficking & Safe Migration
- Health HIV / AIDS Water, hygiene and sanitation
- Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction
- Natural resource management & Livelihood
- Agriculture & Organic Farming
- Education – National Child Labour Schools – under NCLP
- Support to Handicapped children & Old age homes
- Self Help Group of Mothers SHG
- Solar Energy Promotion -SEP
- Water, hygiene and sanitation